Tuesday, June 14, 2011

BYOB's really aren't made for a 6 pack


Well, I guess I knew the time would come when beer wasn't the only thing I would write about. I love cold beer, but I must admit it doesn't work for every occasion. (although I can't think of many where its not a perfect fit). However, when I am grabbing dinner with a friend at a local Italian restaurant, and its BYOB, a 6 pack of beer just doesn't seem appropriate.

Note: I have gone to this restaurant with beer before- when it was a group, a Saturday night, and we had a stroller to carry it in. Don't ask about the stroller- however, you can store a lot in that thing! :)

So, I choose to take wine tonight for my dinner. My favorite wine. John and I vacation quite a bit and always try to find a place to do a wine tasting- I mean, why not? So, a few years ago when we were in Virginia we did a wine tour at the Jefferson Vineyard and found one of our favorites- a nice Cabernet Franc by the name of Jefferson. Totally delish. Great with steak, fish, or no food at all. And, the price is right- only about $17.00 per bottle. I guess Virginia isn't just another pretty state- it has great wine too!

No comments:

Post a Comment