Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Family Tradition

Desperado's Mexican Restaurant has been a part of my family's life since it opened 35 years ago! Actually, when my mom attended SMU, she waited tables and her manager was Jorge Levy- the owner of this amazing restaurant. The menu is full of fabulous things- the salsa is always fresh and spicy, the cerviche is one of the best I have EVER had, and the Desperado Tacos are the signature dish- serving them not only at the restaurant- but at the fair and Cowboy games as well.
So, when John and I decided to venture over for some shopping at North Park- we had to include lunch at one of our favorite Dallas establishments. And it didn't disappoint- well, maybe a little. Since this Beer Blog is sooo important to me- I, of course, had to check out the temperature of the beer.



And, I must say, not very cold. Bummer! Maybe that's why they sell so many margaritas! Oh well, it was well worth the trip for the tacos themselves and always good for a fond memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment