Sunday, July 10, 2011

BOB'N IT


My mom texted me a few months ago, (yes, she does text- because she has to- the only way to communicate in rural Tennessee) that her and my dad were on the boat for a ride and were "bob'n it". My response- that sounds fun- of course, I had no idea what "bob'n it" was. So, later she asked if I knew what that was- of course not....so.......what is it?


"Beer on the Boat".

See, I come by my love for beer honestly.

This past weekend my whole family got together (sister Lindsey and her husband Kyle, sister Terri and her boyfriend Chris, mom Kim and dad Richard) at my parents house in Lebanon, Tennessee. They have a beautiful house on Spring Creek- which is a little cove off the Cumberland River. This river is one of the most beautiful rivers I have ever seen, lined with tall, gorgeous trees. We were all there together to water ski, cook, go boating, play games, and just enjoy each other. It was a fabulous weekend. And, of course, "Bob'N it" was part of the weekend as well. 



We had a combination of of Bud Light and Yuengling. Yuengling is America's oldest brewery and you can only purchase this beer east of the Mississippi River. Beer was the perfect compliment to a weekend full of water skiing, fishing, and floating the river.

And, duh- the beer was cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment