Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Our Guys and Us Dolls



This past Saturday afternoon my sister and I convinced our guys to see an afternoon musical. My mom starred in musicals during her high school years and from the moment my sisters and I were born- we were singing show tunes and watching musicals constantly. Whether it was cleaning our rooms or taking a car trip- those were the songs that moved us along. ( I even have a few on my run list- embarrasingly enough)



So, when "Guys and Dolls" was announced it was coming to Dallas- we had to go and see it. And what a show it was! The actors were amazing, the songs were fun, and the story line appealed to both females and males. And that's not the only thing the guys loved----the concessions were allowed inside the theater. (Very European) So, at intermission- we had to try out the pocket thermometer and it was nice not having to rush through the drink in 15 minutes. I loved enjoying my cocktail throughout the 2nd act- and I know the guys did too!

The best part-besides the amazing show- was the temperature of the beer. It was COLD. It was a nice 41.2 degrees- and that is a great temp for a theater. (So glad that I have that thermometer now- such a gem)




Trust me- there are many reasons this is a great date idea- I wish I had discovered this sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment