Sunday, August 14, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun


Meredith, Katie, Lee-Taylor, Me, Terri


My friend and co-worker Meredith just moved back to Texas from Kansas and had never had a proper night on the town in Fort Worth. So, Katie, Lee-Taylor, my sister Terri, and I decided to plan one to remember.

We started at La Familia for dinner- the best Mexican in Fort Worth. The place was hopping- they have expanded the restaurant and have an awesome ice bar. We had a 30 minute wait that was well worth it. I ordered a Bud Light and got out the thermometer.  ( I love that my friends take the thermometer so seriously- it is a very important tool for my blog.) I was SHOCKED! The beer was some of the coldest I may have EVER had. It was 28.9 degrees!!! That was the coldest beer of the night and quite delish. Now- 2 great reasons to go to La Familia- great mexican and cold beer.

COLDEST BEER EVER!!!
 

From there we headed next door to the "M" Lounge. This place was dark and smoky so we only stayed there for one drink- plus the service was lacking.  And trust me, the way we were bar hopping one drink was plenty at each stop!

 Next on the list was the Durty Crow. This bar is about a year old and I really like it. It is totally open with concrete floors and large barrels act as tables. They have a pool table as well as some some video games for the guys and a few T.V.s for game day. I really like this bar a lot- it is a little smoky too and the beer is not the coldest- but a super fun atmosphere.

The gang at Durty Crow


Our last stop in the 7th street area was a staple to Fort Worth and has been around forever! Freds! This place is a greasy spoon with huge burgers and cold schooners. They pride themselves on serving "Cold Ass Beer". However, as we learned that evening- the coldest beer was at the most unexpected place. The beer was OK at 35.2 degrees. But, the atmosphere and people watching totally make up for that.  This place is one of a kind!







 Outside Fred's





 Beer Temperature at Fred's









Overall- it was a great night on the town. After all, girls just wanna have fun- and fun we did have!







1 comment: