Saturday, August 13, 2011

Wine, it does a body good!



There have been many reports through the years discussing the health benefits of wine. I am always looking to be as healthy as possible- so when John and I decided to plan a trip this summer out of the Texas heat San Francisco kept popping up in our discussions. I had never been there, we love walking cities, 60 degrees sounded like a slice of heaven, and the wine country was a hop away. Sold! We packed our bags at the end of July whisked ourselves away for the weekend. It was a fabulous weekend. We started our adventure in Sonoma- heck- what better place to start. And I traded my Bud Light in for a nice glass of Chardonnay, Cabernet, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel....we tasted them ALL!  And it was such a great time.




We traveled all around the town of Sonoma as well as went to the Russian River area. The Russian River area has lots of Pinot Noirs which are some of my favorites and the views there were amazing! We had a great driver who was born and raised in Napa and did a great job getting us to the best of the best. Some of those included were:

  • Merry Edwards
  • Arrowood
  • Hartford Family
  • Little Family
  • Gary Ferrell


We stayed right on the square in downtown Sonoma and got to enjoy the evening weather after a fun filled day of tasting.



From there, we headed to the city and began our tour. I love, love walking cities- I think one day we clocked about 15 miles. And with that weather- amazing!

San Francisco was a total win. Overall- a super healthy weekend where walking and drinking wine were a priority. I should try this at home....

No comments:

Post a Comment