Monday, December 19, 2011

Like a good neighbor

We hosted a party this last Friday night and from past experiences John and I both agree, when hosting a party of at least 20- it's best to get a keg. We like this for multiple reasons...



1. Less mess! I hate cleaning up all the cans and bottles the next day and have trash overflowing. With a keg, its simple to dump the cups and toss. Much better for that night and the next morning.

2. It probably is cheaper. I love to host- but my biggest problem is that I always want to please EVERY last guest- so we would probably have at least 10 different kinds of beer- and that gets super expensive! Plus, although a keg seemed like a million dollars in college- its actually quite cheap.

3. It gives a place for the guys to go. This should be the #1 reason, right? Guys need a place to gather around and talk about sports, and sports, and whatever else they talk about. And since college football season was on a break Friday night- we really needed a place for them to gather. I will ALWAYS have a keg for this reason. It does wonders for the conversations inside.

4. It takes us back to our college days- or me, anyway. And who would turn that down?

5. It makes me the COOLEST neighbor EVER! So, we live super close to TCU and because of that, we have some Senior guys that live a few houses down. Since we didn't come close to finishing the keg, and school is out for Winter Break I walked down yesterday and offered them the 80% of the beer left on our keg. ( I only offered on a Sunday since I knew they didn't have school today)

Yep, this pretty much sums up why I am an awesome neighbor! (But I think what they are really saying is...." Let us know the next time you have a party so we can finish that keg off for you!")

1 comment:

  1. Hosted a high school party that my parents did not know about until a friend wrote in my yearbook thanking me for bringing the kegs. Love keg beer!

    ReplyDelete