Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Behind every successful woman....is a fabulous handbag

This is a quote I live by. Don't most girls?

Shoes and purses...shoes and purses...and I guess Bud Light fits in there somewhere. It always does....like having a cold one ready for my husband after I come home with NEW shoes and purses...

A few months ago, the bridesmaids and closest friends of my sisters ventured to Greune, Texas to float the river. That was what she wanted to do for her bachlorette party and we had a fabulous time! Low key, live music, and cold beer- what more could a girl ask for? Well, besides shoes and purses....

I was coveting over a fabulous bag, my sister's friend Tess was carrying. Turns out they make them. Turns out by hand. Each. One. By. Hand. See, Tess and her family manage 2 different ranches in Colorado. Their story is here. Zapata Ranch.

Her husband had the idea to create the Mercantile business - bringing the beautiful bison and leather from the land into our homes.

Now this was something that got my attention. I happen to love custom too. Shoes, purses. bud light, and custom made. Simple girl, right?

All the girls wanted the whole story and were mesmerized by it- the way the Ranchlands Mercantile came about, the love they put into each piece, and they business behind it all. A real, life ranch story. It's pretty cool. The motto this family lives by is

" Working together to live with the land"

Tess and her family are amazing- all working together as a team to keep the Colorado Ranch moving at all times. Whether its entertaining guests who want the real, ranch experience, herding cattle, or making leather goods by hand, they do it all.

When I saw the bag I knew I had to have it- its gorgeous, durable, practical, authentic, custom made, and has that fresh leather smell.

John concurred.

This was something I had to have.

I waited 6 weeks for my custom bag- something that was not easy for this impatient girl. But the wait was worth it.

They say that a bag speaks about the person- and this bag says that I like the finer things- but love the custom ones, that I like a brand- but love an experience, and that I like a bag- but love the way a bag makes me feel. And this one takes the cake.
My bag...isn't it pretty?

What's inside your bag? Mines pretty boring. Love those Pockets!!

Bison Beer Koozie??!? What!?! I need this!

Gorgeous Ipad case...Christmas presents anyone?

Another view of this gorgeous tote


No comments:

Post a Comment