Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A French Beauty

It's a shame that we learn the most from our greatest sorrows and our greatest joys. Sometimes- I wish I could learn something from an average day on an average week in an average month. But no such luck.

As I reflect on my grandmother's life- a very long and blessed life- full of many joys and of course, many sorrows- I am reminded of all the many things she taught us along the way.

Life goes fast. Too fast. Enjoy the moments.

Be kind to your parents

Grow up with your children- enjoy their childhood with them

Tithe. Always give to your church- its part of being a Christian

Take care of yourself- it's all you have.

Love, love, love!

Today I will remind myself of all of these lessons- and most importantly to slow down. I will try my hardest to stop wishing for 5:00 PM, Friday, a new month, my next vacation, a new year.

Life goes fast-I will do my best to enjoy the small, frustrating moments as much as the large, perfect ones.

I miss you already, Grandma Rita and love you, love you. Always have, always will.

A Votre Sante!

No comments:

Post a Comment