Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hostess with the Mostest

A few days ago, John and I hosted our first Thanksgiving for 20 guests. I learned there are 5 things you need to have a successful Thanksgiving.

1.  A husband who smokes the turkey so I don't have to worry about ruining or drying it out.  #Biggest fear
John carving his 1st Turkey


2. A great sister (I mean sous-chef) who came Wednesday night to keep me calm and assist me in pie making, carrot peeling, and potato mashing

Sisters


3. A very, very helpful family who all volunteer to bring parts and pieces to create an amazing feast!

Turkey and Ham!
Feast!












4. An apron to complete the look! (That is part of being a great hostess after all- the outfit!)

Thanks Linds for my cute apron!

5. Plenty of Cold Beer.

Shiner? Yep, we are in Texas after all
 Yep, folks that's all it takes! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment