Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dutch's: Coldest Beer on the Block

Last night I cooked. That is a BIG milestone for me. I am not really a cook. I like the idea of being one, I pin LOTS of recipes (everyone probably thinks from Pintrest I cook every night) and I think about cooking all the time. But, then, I get home from work, and I am tired, and we need to work out, and the evening slips away and once again, I have not made a meal.

So, last night I cooked. It wasn't a crazy, gourmet meal- but it was healthy, light, and my husband liked it. So, guess its a win! Adding that meal to the rotation.

After dinner, John wanted to grab a beer on a nice Friday evening- and I was happy to oblige. We wanted somewhere close- and let's face it- somewhere quiet where we could talk. So, we picked a local restaurant to grab a drink at the bar. Its not really a big bar, and the restaurant is more geared towards TCU students and families- but it fit the bill for us for last night.

Dutch's. That's the place. It's a hamburger joint that is really, quite good. My weakness there when we go to eat- Tater Tots! I LOVE tots and they are just hard to find. They remind me of my childhood when we would have them with hotdogs or hamburgers on the weekends.

Anyway, last night we just went for the beer- and wow, was it cold! ( This could possibly be because they don't change out the kegs very often- its really not that kind of place). But, it was sooo good and soooo cold- I really regret not taking the thermometer.
Happy John with cold beer

So, when you are in need of a good burger, some good tots, or just a good, cold beer- this is the place for you, and me, and John, and all of our friends, and family...

No comments:

Post a Comment