Thursday, January 26, 2012

Everybody Have Fun Tonight



The past weekend we checked out the new 80's bar that opened in Fort Worth a few months ago, called Studio Eighty. If you love the 80's, heck if you even remotely liked the 80's- you will have a BLAST at this bar.

It's located off University, in between 7th Street and White Settlement Road. We are old- so we got there super early. I would only recommend this time if you are also old and like us- loving dancing by yourselves on the dance floor. We got there around 7:30- really because through all the research, it said they serve food. Reality- they do NOT serve REAL food. They serve bar food. And to keep things easy for them and expensive for us- everything on the menu is 10 dollars. I think that is a lot for bar food. So, don't go hungry.

Terri and I with our 80's waitress


But, the atmosphere was great. All the cocktail waitresses wear their 80's gear- neon colors, leg warmers, and of course- the torn, off -the- shoulder sweat shirts.

And the music- how I loved the music! All the 80's classics were played and all of them we danced to! We got our workout for sure that night. How could you sit on the sidelines with hits like, " I think we're Alone now", " Walk like an Egyptian" , and "Love is a Battlefield".  And the hits go on and on.

We LOVE the dance floor to ourselves!


The bartender said when we walked in as the first customers, things really pick up at 11:30 PM. We left around 11:00 and the place was hopping- a little too hopping for old peeps- but then again, I really like the dance floor all to myself!

The beer was cold, the service was great, and most of all, I got to relive the hits of the 80's all less than 5 miles from home.

John wore his swatch watch
Bean and Chris











Overall, Studio Eighty was one for the books- a place I would definitely go back to. However, next time, I will be dressing the part...neon and leg warmers- here I come!

We really tried to look the part- but need the outfit next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment