Saturday, January 7, 2012

A night with Willie and the Boys



I haven't been to a concert in years! So, when I saw that Willie Nelson was coming to town, and coming to Billy Bob's- I couldn't resist the opportunity to get back into live music. I love Willie Nelson for many reasons. The main reason- he's just cool. Everyone loves him. You can be 12 or 90 and you just like the guy. He's true to himself, a great musician, and well, just one of a kind.



So, last night, I dusted off my boots (that I got 3 years ago and have only worn once to the Rodeo) and headed to the Stockyards with John, Terri, and Chris. We started at THE Stockyards tourist restaurant- H3 Ranch. It was a close walk to Billy Bob's after dinner and we wanted to give it a whirl. The place was filled with history and character, the food was delish, and the beer was cold. A great start to the evening.

Terri is "side-saddling" the famous saddle bar stools


Sisters at H3 Ranch

No, I am NOT ever drinking this beer!

 Then, we headed to Billy Bobs' for the concert. I love this place. It's been a few years since I had been there- and the people watching is greatness. You just see it all- especially with a Willie concert. You never know who will be there. (Even US!)

Yep, we are here- part of the people watching I'm sure (esp on the dance floor)

He played all our favorites from "A Good Hearted Woman", " Mamas Don't Let you Babies Grow up to be Cowboys" to " Healing Hands of Time". It was a really great show. He played straight from 10:30 to midnight- only taking a few breaks to let his son, Lucas Nelson, sing. (Which got us thinking...how many kids does Willie have....?)

Yep, the hand stamps! Didn't know we needed a stamp to remind ourselves we were at a party!

 And the beer, wow. Billy Bob's does the cold beer right. They have big beer tubs- so as long as you have cash- there is no line and the bar and the beer has been sitting in ice for hours. I wish more places would pick up on this idea!



Cheers to a great night!


What a great night! And what did I walk away with this evening filled with music, dancing, and more?

I should wear my boots more often!


Love my boots! They are the ones on the left!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have seen Willy Nelson! Your cowboy boots are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete